Bringing people closer to their dreams
An entrepreneurial partner
for your supply chain in the UK
Supply Chain solutions & services
Supply Chain solutions
Transport & Distribution
- Domestic Pallet Distribution Network
- Distribution Solutions
- Night Distribution
- Red Inside - Dedicated Distribution
- KeyPL (4PL)
- Specialist 2-man delivery
- International Road Transport
- Red Europe - European Pallet Distribution Network
- Intermodal Transport
- Waste Recycling Transport
- Chemical & hazardous goods transport
- Bulk transport
- Supply Chain solutions
- Case Studies
- UK & Ireland news
- Contact us
A reliable tool for measuring CO2 emissions and optimising transport flows
From 2011, if you are a listed company, and for all companies from 2013, the European regulations will make it compulsory to publish the CO2 emissions generated by the manufacture and transport of your products.
In order to provide customers with reliable and measurable data over an extended period, our transport teams designed and developed a CO2 emissions calculator back in 2009. Approved by an independent institute (Bureau Veritas Certification) for the rigour and precision of its data, the carbon calculator can measure the CO2 emissions produced by each customer, regardless of the transport method adopted, whether it involves full loads, groupage or distribution.
An accurate and rigorous measurement tool:
The carbon calculator developed by the Norbert Dentressangle experts compares and analyses different types of information (mileage, diesel consumption, load weight, content) in order to produce 2 indicators:
• Gross CO2 emissions
• CO2 emissions/tonne per kilometre
Whatever the type of transport (full loads or groupage), the Norbert Dentressangle Carbon Calculator therefore makes it possible to determine the proportion of goods being transported for each customer in the same vehicle (non-revenue kilometres assigned to each customer, associated diesel consumption and therefore the amount of CO2 produced).
Proof of our commitment
- In 2010, the Norbert Dentressangle transport teams measured the CO2 emissions produced by some of its customers when transporting their goods and analysed the information obtained.
- Based on these results, the teams have developed practical and effective solutions in order to optimise their customers’ transport flows and help them reduce their CO2 emissions (by up to 10%).