Bringing people closer to their dreams
An entrepreneurial partner
for your supply chain in the UK
Supply Chain solutions & services
Supply Chain solutions
Transport & Distribution
- Domestic Pallet Distribution Network
- Distribution Solutions
- Night Distribution
- Red Inside - Dedicated Distribution
- KeyPL (4PL)
- Specialist 2-man delivery
- International Road Transport
- Red Europe - European Pallet Distribution Network
- Intermodal Transport
- Waste Recycling Transport
- Chemical & hazardous goods transport
- Bulk transport
- Supply Chain solutions
- Case Studies
- UK & Ireland news
- Contact us
Maintaining optimum safety standards
As a responsible and socially committed player, Norbert Dentressangle has extremely high standards when it comes to the safety of its employees, its customers’ goods, the environment and third parties. On the road and in the depot, our company trains its teams and uses the most reliable equipment in order to meet the highest safety standards.
Norbert Dentressangle logistics employees are trained in trolley operation, above pallet-level storage and even special conditions for frozen goods or Seveso warehouses. We have to set an example in terms of preventing risks associated with product storage and handling. When it comes to road transport, the Transport Division devised its Safe Driving Plan in 1991. This strategy, which now extends to the whole of Europe, aims to increase road safety and further increase driver loyalty to the company. The results are more than encouraging. In 2010, every Norbert Dentressangle driver covered an average of 590,000 km without causing an accident.
In the field of safety, the commitment of our company and teams helps to maintain a “virtuous circle” of progress.
Our safety strategy:
- Driver safety
Wherever they work, whether on the roads or in SEVESO or COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards) classified depots, our employees are trained to react appropriately and apply good practice in dangerous situations, in order to guarantee their own safety and that of their colleagues. Continuous training is provided by Norbert Dentressangle specialists, who regularly monitor how this training is put into practice.
- Safety of goods
Our employees are trained in the storage and transport of goods, regardless of their nature, and ensure that their integrity and packaging is respected. The goods entrusted to us by our customers are stored in state-of-the-art depots, which are well maintained, clean and meet the latest standards. The quality of our equipment enables us to respond to any risk situation, particularly for the storage of dangerous substances (depots fitted with sprinklers, holding tanks, etc.). In order to guarantee the safety of goods during transport, our drivers are trained to load and secure products. Our vehicles are recent and well maintained, while our tankers benefit from the SONECOVI washing system, which prevents any transfer of products between transports.
- Environmental safety
In order to reduce the environmental impact of its activities, Norbert Dentressangle provides training and makes investments (see section on Carbon Emissions). For the transport and storage of dangerous substances (see section on Dangerous Substances), we are committed to meeting the current regulations (anticipating and responding risks) and beyond, with our own regulations (ensuring that no risks occur). Our objective is to manage risks.
- Safety for third parties and the community
Out on the roads, the Norbert Dentressangle drivers prioritise road safety. They apply defensive driving techniques, which require maximum anticipation in order to prevent any risk of accident. Based on our Safe Driving Plan (see below), our continuous training courses, which are approved by external training bodies, and our signature of the European Road Safety Charter, the entire Transport Division is committed and working hard to become THE benchmark when it comes to road safety. At the same time, in the depot, the Norbert Dentressangle logistics teams implement safety and driving plans in order to avoid any risk of accidents for third parties.
Proof of our commitment
- Development of the Safe Driving Plan in 1991, in order to raise drivers’ awareness of road safety throughout Europe. Result obtained in 2010: each driver covered an average of 590,000 km per year without causing an accident.
- Signature of the European Road Safety Charter, which aims to save 25,000 lives.
- ADR Certification (European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road), for our transport of dangerous or sensitive products, whether they are packaged or transported in bulk by tanker, and the washing of tankers and containers.
- Extension of our strategy of obtaining certification for all our sites throughout Europe (10 sites ISO 22000 certified for food safety and 28 sites ISO 18001 certified for personal safety).