Bringing people closer to their dreams
An entrepreneurial partner
for your supply chain in the UK
Supply Chain solutions & services
Supply Chain solutions
Transport & Distribution
- Domestic Pallet Distribution Network
- Distribution Solutions
- Night Distribution
- Red Inside - Dedicated Distribution
- KeyPL (4PL)
- Specialist 2-man delivery
- International Road Transport
- Red Europe - European Pallet Distribution Network
- Intermodal Transport
- Waste Recycling Transport
- Chemical & hazardous goods transport
- Bulk transport
- Supply Chain solutions
- Case Studies
- UK & Ireland news
- Contact us
Guaranteeing, maintaining, managing and increasing safety standards
For its SEVESO II (European directive on the prevention of major accident hazards) or COMAH (British directive on the Control of Major Accident Hazards) classified depots, and in compliance with the decree of 10 May on the prevention of major accidents involving dangerous substances and the preparation of hazardous materials, Norbert Dentressangle sets itself the objective of guaranteeing, maintaining, managing and increasing safety standards. In order to achieve this, the logistics teams apply a stringent programme.
Our depot safety programme:
- Identifying and tackling risk situations
- Raising all drivers’ awareness of major risks
- Providing initial and continuous training for drivers, which includes training in safe behaviours based on reflex actions.
- Designing, operating and maintaining installations and equipment in order to minimise and prevent risks and limit consequences
- Defining a safety management system. Ensuring that it is put into practice and understood.
- Testing and simulating all devices, alert plans and our emergency organisation by means of regular exercises. Analysing results.
- Conducting regular checks on installations and devices, as defined by audits, in order to assess safety levels and the efficiency of measures and equipment
Proof of our commitment
- We work in compliance with the statutory requirements
- We create the teams and provide the equipment needed to meet this priority
- We regularly evaluate and analyse performance in the field of safety, in order to increase standards
Focus: food safety in the depot
In order to optimise its organisation in terms of food safety, Norbert Dentressangle has implemented a Food Safety Management System, which meets the international standards (traceability and food self-evaluation system: HACCP).
Objective: to guarantee the preservation and safety of foodstuffs stored at our hubs and transported in our vehicles.